With a little planning beforehand on the weekend, you can get healthy meals all the week.
Tips and Tricks
- Your slow cooker is your best friend. Try using a slow cooker with everything you need to make. It will give you lesser messy counter and a quick and easy meal.
- Portion proper amounts for each recipe. Try using measuring cups for the portion size. If you do not use portion sizes, it is quite possible that you end up making more than required. This will not only lead to eating more and taking up more calories but also you will waste the food. Both ways this Is not a good idea.
- You can make one basic meal and try and use it with other meals. For example, you can cook chicken or mince once in a large amount, freeze it and use it for making pasta and other things that have that minced as the main ingredient.
The following are some of the recipes that you can make and store for the whole week.
1. Roast whole chicken
Take a whole chicken and roast it in one go. This will not only save time but will also save money and effort. Once the chicken is roasted, you can use different parts during the week. You can make chicken and vegetable pasta, chicken salad, chop vegetables and serve it with chicken and bread. So there are endless ways in which you can use the roasted chicken.
2. Roast vegetables in the oven
Cut the vegetables you want to use in a uniform pattern so that they are cooked in a nice manner. Use some olive oil in the bowl, and put them in the oven. Roast the vegetables so that they turn a little brown on the outside but remain tender and easy to eat from the inside. You can then take them out and use it in a variety of ways. You can toss them with your favorite seasoning or use them with Bbq sauce. Eat the way you like it.
3. Make hummus at home
Hummus is a rich source of protein, folic acid, manganese, copper, iron, and phosphorus. Of course, you won’t like to eat meat like things all the week, so it will be quite convenient if you make hummus once and use it in a variety of ways. For example, spread hummus on bread, add some freshly chopped vegetables and grab it like a wrap.
4. Stir-Fried Veggies & Protein
This is one of the easiest and the most economical ways to go about the week that too in a healthy manner. All you need to do is to chop or grate some fresh vegetables with some slices of deli meat. Use your favorite seasoning and stir fry. In the end, you will get a colorful dish with lots of nutrients. You can also add jalapenos, cornstarch, and gingers for taste. Even if you want to reheat the meal, it will give a fresh look, and you can also alter the spices and sauces when you reheat. Enjoy a different flavor each time.
5. Make a wrap
The wrap is the easiest to make and easiest to eat. When you purchase wrap from a food chain, it is all loaded with different kinds of sauces and other ingredients. Do not worry you can get all these at home and with your own taste preferences. You can grate or slice the vegetables beforehand and keep them in a plastic bag. You can also keep meat related items in a separate plastic bag. When you need to make a wrap just take these out on a pita bread, and there you go. You can also add, mayonnaise or ketchup or cheese to give it a yummy and different taste.